BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING AGENDA
July 15, 2019, 6:00 P.M.
The East Rio Hondo Water Supply Corporation (ERHWSC) reserves the right to adjourn into executive session on any of the items listed on this Agenda, if at any time during the meeting an item meets the criteria which allow for executive session under Texas Government Code, Chapter 55, Subchapter D.
1. Confirm posting of notice and attendance by quorum of Directors.
2. Consent Items-All items under the consent agenda are heard collectively unless a director requests otherwise, in which case the specifically requested item will be considered, discussed, and possible action will be taken separately:
A. Approve June 17, 2019 ERHWSC Board of Directors Meeting Minutes.
B. Discuss and take possible action on unaudited May 31, 2019 Financial Statement.
C. Approve payment of June 2019 invoices.
D. Approve payment plans as requested by members with high water bills.
3. Visitors’ question and comment period. Review and take action on adjustment of customers’ bills and connection fees. LIMIT of THREE MINUTES per member and TEN MINUTES per topic.
4. Executive Session: Advice of Legal Counsel as per Government Code Chapter 551, Subchapter D, Section 551.071 on Potential or Pending Litigation Pertaining to:
A. Transfer of water rights upon subdivision of the land in accordance with Chapter 49, Texas Water Code, Subchapter O, pertaining to irrigation districts within ERHWSC’s service area.
B. Defendant Edward J. Mauro’s Cross-Claim and Counter-Claim against ERHWSC as filed in Suit File Number 2016-DCL-02563.
C. Trespass of ERHWSC Right of Way Easement on property described as Tract 1 in Document 9812, Volume 15833, Page 75, Cameron County Official Records, Cameron County, Texas.
D. Potential Acquisition of Right of Way Easement for property described in Volume 18538, Page 191, Cameron County Official Records, Cameron County, Texas.
E. Encroachment on ERHWSC property at Main Office location by City of Rio Hondo.
F. Transfer of membership B1115 and other memberships on associated 15 acre tract of land.
5. Executive Session: Deliberation about Real Property as per Government Code Chapter 551, Subchapter D, Section 551.072: Consideration of property acquisition for water treatment plant sludge.
6. Discuss and take possible action on items 4. & 5.
7. Discuss and take possible action on proposed Change Order #2 for Bean Road/Line 26 Transmission Main Project.
8. Discuss and take possible action on proposed Change Order #2 for Phase II Wastewater Treatment Plant project.
9. Discuss and take possible action on potential Change Order for Phase II Wastewater Collection System project.
10. Discuss and take possible action on proposed Customer Letter of Agency between East Rio Hondo Water Supply Corporation and American Communication Solutions pertaining to renewal of contract for internet and voice services provided by AT&T.
11. Discuss and take possible action on proposed Uniform Subdivision Nonstandard Water Service Agreements for proposed subdivisions and approval of said subdivisions upon completion of all criteria required in the said USNWSA.
A. Burns Subdivision
B. Oralia Sanchez Gardens Subdivision
C. Vargas Estates Subdivision
12. General Manager’s Business and Operations Report.
A. Kamstrup Meter conversion;
B. Military Highway WSC CCN exchange;
C. 1.0 Million Gallon Elevated Storage Tank Project status;
D. Phase II Wastewater Collection System Project, Change Order #3 status, and engineering invoices;
E. Palmas Wind, LLC water service investigation status and associated easement acquistions;
F. SCADA Upgrade;
G. MASWTP Filter Improvements Project status;
H. San Roman Rd. waterline extension;
I. Cameron County Housing Authority request for fire flow upgrades to Las Palmas Housing Development;
J. Wholesale Water Treatment and Delivery Contract for Port Isabel Detention Center;
K. Employment of SCADA Technician.
FILED TO WEBSITE ERHWSC.COM AT 5:50 P.M., 07-12-2019.