BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING AGENDA
April 8, 2019, 6:00 P.M.
The East Rio Hondo Water Supply Corporation (ERHWSC) reserves the right to adjourn into executive session on any of the items listed on this Agenda, if at any time during the meeting an item meets the criteria which allow for executive session under Texas Government Code, Chapter 55, Subchapter D.
1. Confirm posting of notice and attendance by quorum of Directors.
2. Nomination and election of officers.
3. Consent Items-All items under the consent agenda are heard collectively unless a director requests otherwise, in which case the specifically requested item will be considered, discussed, and possible action will be taken separately:
A. Approve March 11, 2019 ERHWSC Board of Directors Meeting Minutes.
B. Discuss and take possible action on unaudited February 28, 2019 Financial Statement.
C. Approve payment of March 2019 invoices.
D. Approve payment plans as requested by members with high water bills.
4. Visitors’ question and comment period. Review and take action on adjustment of customers’ bills and connection fees. LIMIT of THREE MINUTES per member and TEN MINUTES per topic.
5. Executive Session: Advice of Legal Counsel as per Government Code Chapter 551, Subchapter D, Section 551.071 on Potential or Pending Litigation Pertaining to:
A. Defendant Edward J. Mauro’s Cross-Claim and Counter-Claim against East Rio Hondo Water Supply Corporation as filed in Suit File Number 2016-DCL-02563.
B. Trespass of ERHWSC Right of Way Easement on property described as Tract 1 in Document 9812, Volume 15833, Page 75, Cameron County Official Records, Cameron County, Texas.
C. Potential Acquisition of Right of Way Easement for property described in Volume 17288, Page 237, Cameron County Official Records, Cameron County, Texas.
D. Potential Acquisition of Right of Way Easement for property described in Volume 18538, Page 191, Cameron County Official Records, Cameron County, Texas.
6. Executive Session: Deliberation about Real Property as per Government Code Chapter 551, Subchapter D, Section 551.072: Consideration of property acquisition for water treatment plant sludge.
7. Discuss and take possible action on items 5 & 6.
8. Discuss and take possible action to approve resolution to appoint elected officers as authorized signers on bank accounts with Texas Regional Bank.
9. Discuss and take possible action pertaining to the 2-inch riser pipes in Arroyo City and homeowner’s potential use of riser pipes for fire suppression.
10. Discuss and take possible action on proposed Master Agreement for Surveying and Architectural Services between ERHWSC and Amaya Surveying Company, LLC.
11. Discuss and take possible action on Non-standard Service Agreement between ERHWSC and United States Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement for water treatment and delivery for the Port Isabel Detention Center.
12. Discuss and take possible action on proposed agreements between ERHWSC and Casa Paredes, L.P. for expansion of Casa Paredes:
A. Uniform Development Nonstandard Water Service Agreement
B. Waterline Access Agreement
13. Discuss and take possible action on proposed contract with R.M. Walsdorf, Inc. for construction of 12” pipeline associated with Casa Paredes, L.P. nonstandard service.
14. Discuss and take possible action on proposed License Agreement for Waterline Crossings between East Rio Hondo Water Supply Corporation (ERHWSC) and Cameron County Drainage District Number 4 (CCDD4).
15. General Manager’s Business and Operations Report.
A. Bean Road/Line 26 Transmission Main Project;
B. Kamstrup Meter Conversion;
C. ERHWSC Main Office Repairs and Rehabilitation;
D. Arroyo City Water Tower Rehabilitation project;
E. Arroyo City Volunteer Fire Department Letter of Agreement;
F. Ferris, Flinn, & Medina, LLC, record production status;
G. City of Los Fresnos & Military Highway WSC CCN Exchange;
H. 1.0 million gallon elevated storage tank project status;
I. Phase II Wastewater Collection System Project & Change Order #3 status;
J. Palmas Wind, LLC water service investigation status;
K. Pollard Subdivision Lots 23-28 sale status;
L. Current report on legislation impacting water supply corporations and discussion.
FILED TO WEBSITE ERHWSC.COM AT 4:05 P.M., 04-05-2019.